Wednesday, April 29, 2009

About my older pics

A lot of people have asked me why i didnt show my face in pictures before... hmmm... the best way to say it is that Ive always disagreed with the way the music industry works, and the way that it is has deteriorated over time, especially hip hop...

Music should never be about an image... it should be more than that... IT IS more than that... music should be self explanatory.... it should tell its own story... not be driven by a bunch of paper-pushers that decide how, who, what it should be, or who should listen to it... Furthermore, who should buy it... The face, or the person should never be more, or be seen as more important than the songs themselves... A poignant and honest message can do so much more...

The song "Imagine" by The Beatles does not move me because women in America thought The Beatles were "hot" so many years ago when the song was released... I could care less... I wasnt even alive at the time... It moves me because of the words behind it... because of the emotion I feel when listening to it, or that THEY felt while performing it... but more than anything, it is the state of society, the beauty of the human mind which creates such grandiose dreams that truly moves my heart and fills it with joy... but equal sadness... maybe thats why true artists always seem to be leaving us so early in their lives: There is no autonomy in music today... even the ones who claim to be autonomous seem to be the most hypocritical... criticizing the likes and dislikes of the masses because of their own shortcomings as musicians...

What the hell happened to real artists? Im sorry that this blog is so long... I often say that anything that cant be exlained quickly is not worth talking about... wow... payback is a bitch aint it?! I guess I'm also a victim of my own shortcomings... Hey, maybe thats why I rap in the first place...

Regardless, Im gonna say what I feel and believe... if you dont like it.......................................... FUCK YOU!!!

-IZ

No comments:

Post a Comment